Rinca Island Labuan Bajo Indonesia
Rinca Island Labuan Bajo Indonesia is an island which is located in the East Nusa Tenggara. It is located in West Manggarai, Flores Island. The island is just separated by Molo strait in Southwest Flores. It is one of the three largest islands in Komodo National Park.
The island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to the population of Komodo Dragons that are found here. It is a Komodo National Park area along Komodo Island, Padar Island, and Gili Motang. The highest point of the island is in Doro (Mountain) Ora, 670 m above sea level.
On this island live various types of animals such as Komodo dragons, wild pigs, buffalo, and birds. So when you visit the island, you will not only see the Komodo Dragons but also the other wildlife. The island also offers a beautiful landscape, on the Southside. You will need a medium trek to get there.
Rinca is a close island to Labuan Bajo in West Manggarai. The only best access is from Labuan Bajo harbor by boat. The island is reaching approximately 2 hours. Here is the best way to get to the Island:
- Fly from Denpasar Bali to Komodo Airport and then get on the boat. You can choose to stay in Labuan Bajo or directly sail to Rinca. It depends on your time table.
- Ferry from Sape to Labuan Bajo takes approximately 8 hours and then a boat to the island.
- Bus from Ruteng, Maumere, and Ende and then getting on the boat to Rinca.
Flights to Komodo Airport depart daily from Jakarta, Bali, and Lombok. They have scheduled 2 times a day, depending on the number of passengers.
Places Nearby Rinca Island Labuan Bajo Indonesia
Administratively, this island belongs to Komodo District, West Manggarai Regency, East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia. Here are some places beyond the island:
- Kalong Island is located in the West part of the island. It is famous for its flying foxes.
- Komodo Island is located on the Westside of Kalong. It is popular with the homeland of Komodo Dragons and Pink sandy beaches in the Northeast.
- Padar Island is located on the Northwest of Rinca island. The island is popular with spectacular views of its great island formation. The best place for sunset and sunrise.
There are also some other places near the island. You can find them when you join the Komodo tour package. Lombok Touristic is working directly with a proven local tour guide. They are fully certified with the Indonesia tourism standard tour Guide.
Accommodations & Restaurants
The Island is famous for being the homeland of thousands of Komodo Dragons. There are no accommodations or restaurants on the island. So when you visit the island, you will not have anything to do with the accommodation and food on the island. You will stay on the boat during the trip.
Rinca is only available for some temporary Warungs (Local small shops). They are not living on the island, they come for a day from Labuan Bajo to the island. The administrative office is available on the island. The office is for national park rangers who are on duty on the day at Rinca Island Labuan Bajo Indonesia.
When you visit the island to join the Lombok Komodo tour, you will have lunch on the boat. They were made freshly on the boat by the staff during your tour. All you need to do is make sure your tour packages include meals on it. There is no better option than to join the tour.