Best Way to Get to Gili Trawangan
Gili Trawangan is located in North Lombok. It is a large and busy island compared to other Gilis in a group of Gili Islands. Sea transfers are the best way to get to Gili Trawangan from Bali or Lombok.
Gili Trawangan is famous for its underwater life, beautiful beaches, and the best spot to have a sunset. The island is also known as the party island.
The best way to get to Gili Trawangan from Bali and Lombok
Below are the best ways to reach Gili Trawangan:
- If you decide to leave Lombok, there are 2 types of transportation you need to book, you can use an outrigger boat or high speedboat. Outrigger boats depart every hour from Bangsal (main public harbor), which takes approximately 30 minutes. While the high-speed boat is based on a private trip. It goes at the time you want, and it takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Getting on a fast boat from Bali, Nusa Lembongan, and Nusa Penida. This is the most popular way to reach Gili Trawangan. If you go from Padang Bai (North Bali), it will take approximately 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, if you go from Nusa Penida and Lembongan to Gili Trawangan, it will take about 2 hours.
Bali’s Eka Jaya fast boat is one of the best fast boat transfers. The boat operator serves routes from Bali, Nusa Penida, and Nusa Lembongan. The company offers daily departures to the island.
Recommended Things to Do While on the Island
Below are some things you can do while on Gili Trawangan:
- Snorkeling, swimming, and sunbathing in the Northeast of the Island. You can also join a snorkeling trip which is to visit 3 islands (Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air).
- Diving is a popular thing to do on the island. Join a day dive provided by dive centers on the island. If you don’t have a PADI dive license, you can ask them to take a dive course.
- Horse riding around the island. If you love horse riding, then this is one of the best things to do on the island. You can rent a horse for approximately $100 for 2 hours.
- Cycling around the island. Rent a bicycle and enjoy a ride around the island, the bicycle costs you $5 per hour.
- Enjoy live music performances in some of the bars, cafes, and restaurants. For the best reggae band performance, you can join at Sama Sama Bar.
- Surfing is also the best thing you can do on the island. If you are bigger, it is recommended to practice your surf skills here. there is a small break on the south of the island.
- Have a sunset. The Island is one of the best spots to have sunset in Lombok. You can enjoy the beautiful sundown with the background of Mount Agung, Bali.
At Lombok touristic, we will accommodate the whole holiday activities in Lombok and Gili islands. You can join our best tour arrangements for a great experience of traveling to the Gili Islands and Lombok. Our team is always put ahead of professional work with the highest experience.